After being in isolation I moved into bambi 2. Sarahy and me were both in there for the last hour. I pretty much just played with the kids for the hour. I played ball with Florin and Marien for a long time. Florin would kick the ball to me and I would kick it back. For Marien, I would throw it and he would run over and get and bring it back. Marien always brings toys to me. He is also very good at cleaning up too! All the little kids in that room like to pretend to feed me. In that room there is tons of dishes for the kids to play with. I also pretended to be some kind of scary animal and I chased them around the room. They loved that! They were all smiles and giggles the whole time.
I went to institute tonight. It was only the four of us and then a girl in the branch who just got back from her mission in England. She translated as Daniella gave the lesson. Daniella did a great job on the lesson. It was about doing good to others and being a good example. She also talked about letting our light shine and not hiding it. The girl who just got back from her mission let me use her scriptures. At the front by her missionary name tag there was a quote. I could only see part of it because of her name tag but I loved it. This was the quote:
My missionary commission by Bruce R. McConkie. "I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represnt Him -- to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
After institute we filled up our water jugs at the church. They have filtered water at the church so we fill up occasionally there. On our way out of the church building we ran into the missionaries outside. They were inviting people walking past to have some hot chocolate. That also gave the missionaries an opportunity to talk to people. We were just chatting with the missionaries and drinking hot chocolate when an older lady walked up and started speaking Romanian very loudly to the missionaries. I couldn't understand her but the missionaries said she said some really mean things and was insulting the church a ton. I could tell from her voice she wasn't being that nice. She stayed for a long time and the missionaries were trying hard to get her to leave in a nice way. The missionaries said that doesn't happen very often. They did tell us that the older people here are very set on their religion and have very strong opinions about the church. After that encounter we chatted a bit more and then headed back to our apartment. The missionaries here are doing a great job! I know where they are serving must be a tough place, hopefully they didn't get to discouraged by that.
Oh and its like the fourth of july here in Romania! Today was Unification Day (Zuia Unirii). Romanians celebrate the unification of Moldavia and Walachia into a national Romanian state. This happened in 1859 under Alexandur Ioan Cuza. This is considered the foundation of modern Romania. They had a huge concert going on and we stopped by after institute. It was so loud! You could hear it inside our apartment and all down main street. Here's a video of some dancing.
Main Street! I love that they still have lights up.
The concert

wow megan i wish i was there with you and i am Krissy and those kids seem so cute and funny. luv you megan!
ReplyDeleteoh and by the way that baby boy that only wanted to be held is just like me when i was younger!all i wanted was to be held.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you are having A LOT of fun!!! I am so happy for you! What a great experience!!!
ReplyDelete