Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thoughts About Romania

I am enjoying the food! The language is giving me some trouble. It is a bit overwhelming at times. Especially since that is all I hear every where I go. I get to start in the orphanage tomorrow! I'm learning a ton about Romania and the people. They have scented toilet paper here. Stray dogs are everywhere. People don't like it if the door is open too long. People stare a lot at each other. Romanians think you need to be bundled up every time you go outside. They don't sit on the ground and they tell woman their eggs will freeze if they do. The majority of their music is American music. The music is all in English with a couple Romanian songs every once in awhile. Everything here is just so different and some of the things they do and think are strange. One thing I have a hard time doing is sitting down and doing homework. I have homework I should be doing but I never want to do it! It's so bad especially since it is the beginning of the semester. This picture sums it up perfectly.


Oh and something really weird happened. We put our trash outside our apartment so we wouldn't forget to take it out. Later that day, someone knocked on our door. Katelyn got the door and it was our neighbor. She said "not nice" and pointed down. Someone ripped our trash bag and our trash was on our mat outside our apartment. We talked to Mario about it and she told us we shouldn't do that. She said they were teaching us a lesson. If you ask me that is kind of a weird way to teach someone a lesson.

We went shopping some more. Here are some pictures! I got some really cute gray boots for church! It was also super foggy in the morning.


The view from my window.





Covrigi Cu Mere! Apple filled pretzel


1 comment:

  1. Love reading your thoughts!! I'm sure it hard being surrounded by a new culture! You will do great at the orphanage tomorrow :) can't wait to read all about it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete