Thursday, January 31, 2013

Romanian Children!

Here are some pictures of the children in the hospital. I want you all to see how cute they are and what I have been doing!



This baby girl is so cute!


There were 3 babies in this room. The 2 girls (their pictures are above) and a little boy from the orphanage, Stefan. 



Eliana loved music! We had only been in her room for a little while when she started saying "muzică." Yesterday we played the cell phones ringtones for her. Today Sarahy brought her phone and we listened to music on that. She loved it! She also like bubbles, as you can tell from the picture.


This little boy, Gheorghe, might be my favorite. Shh don't tell the others! He is so cute! He laughs all the time too. We normally are visiting him and Andreea around the time they eat so the nurses let us feed them! He has a yucky cough and it seems like he has a really hard time breathing. Poor little guy.



Precious little girl! Andreea is like Alex, she has Down Syndrome. She is adorable and I just want to take her home with me! We think she is about 2 but we aren't for sure.


I could totally take these 2 little kids home with me!



This baby is tiny! Just look at him compared to Katelyn and I. As you can see from the picture, here in Romania they dress the children in any color of clothing. The colors they have on won't tell you if its a girl or boy. Notice that this little boy is wearing a pink shirt! Its like this at the orphanage too. Sometimes we can't tell if its a girl or boy until we change their diaper.



Today at the orphanage in my room 2 of my boys, Marien and Vasile, went to the apartments. The apartments are a more home like environment and the kids normally go there before they go to foster homes and hopefully later adoption. I am happy that these 2 boys went to the apartments but I'm also sad. I loved these 2 boys! I didn't even get to tell them bye. I hope someone adopts those 2 brothers. They are adorable and wonderful kids. I loved walking in the door and being greeted by Marien. He was always the first one to come to me.

Some of the workers are more rough with the kids. Today was a little harder watching the worker in my room with the kids. Its just hard for me because I would never be that way with the kids. I don't agree with how she is towards the kids. I know it is different here and I have seen most of the workers this stern and forceful with the kid, but its still hard for me. I also think it is hard for the kids too. How are they suppose to learn to be nice and not hit when the workers aren't a good example to them. All they know is what the workers do. Most of the kids do what the workers do. I find them saying to each other exactly what the workers say to them. I just hope I can be a good example to the kids and the workers.

3 comments:

  1. AWWW!!! I want you to bring them home too!!!! Sweet sweet little ones!!!! I love you!!!! The hospital is in such bad condition! You explained it really well!!! I'm glad you could post pictures!!!!! Andreea is so sweet!!! I wish you could bring her home!!!!! My heart breaks for all of them!!! But how blessed they're to have you for a few months!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the pictures sweetheart. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww I love all the pictures!! The babies are so precious! I wish you could bring me home one! They are all so sweet! And i know you will be a great example to them you are very loving an have such a sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete