Friday, February 1, 2013

Thank Goodness Its Friday

Florin went to a foster family! I am so happy and glad but sad that he is gone. He was so cute and so much fun. He always gave me so many kisses. I didn't know he was leaving either, so that was kind of hard when he was just gone. I am hoping that Teo will give me pictures at the end of the kids that have already left, Florin, Marien, Vasile, and Andrei. That way I can at least have a picture of them! This is the outside of the orphanage. The wall tells the story of Thumbelina.

Since Marien and Vasile left, two new little boys came into my room! Mihai and Florin. They are so adorable, but aren't they all. These two haven't started crawling yet so they are a bit younger than the other kids in my room. I got to feed Mihai and when I was feeding him all the kids huddled around me to watch. Teo was so helpful and started feeding the baby. Anytime one of the other kids tried to help she would say "lasa" that means let go. She thinks she is the boss. After I was done feeding Mihai, Teo wanted to hold him. So we went over to the bed/ couch in the room and I put Mihai facing Teo. I was sitting right by Mihai so I could hold his back to make sure he didn't fall and I could keep an eye on Teo. She was so nurturing with Mihai. I thought it was really good for her to interact and play with Mihai. She plays with dolls all the time but an actual baby is different. She was very nice and soft with Mihai.

Florin
 Mihai

Walking home from the orphanage


The hospital today was good. Some of the kids that have been in the hospital yesterday weren't in the hospital anymore so that is good. We visited with Natalia, a girl that is almost 8. She was alone in the hospital and we left her a coloring book and crayons. She was so happy after we left. Her face was like she just woken up on christmas morning and saw all the presents. I am glad we were able to brighten up her day. The 3 babies in the one room were still there. We were able to change their diapers and hold them for awhile. We also visited Gheorghe and Andreea. Both of them seemed like they weren't feeling well. Poor babies. There was a new baby in the hospital. In her room she had two other girls. One seemed about 11 or 12 and the other seemed around 20. They were really funny. Katleyn and I tried to talk to them in Romanian. They understood us for the most part. The little girl who was around 11 talked so fast! She knew we didn't speak very well. Katelyn kept saying "okay" and the little girl kept laughing and saying okay! haha they were a lot of fun.

Gheorghe laughing!


That night we had dinner at a pizza place called Dumneasca. The pizza there was really good! I liked that the knife said pizza and it was like my own little pizza cutter. After pizza we had ice cream and gogosi and watched She's the Man. A successful friday night indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment