Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beautiful Day!

Church was good today. Most likely I will only be in the Iasi branch 2 more sundays! That is so crazy and sad. The traveling we have planned will put us out of town on sundays. We have March 17th left and the last sunday we are in Romania, April 14th. I can't believe I'm starting my 7th week here. It is unbelievable how fast time is going by. After church the three of us visited Aurelia with Andreea and Sora Stoica (Andreea's mom). Aurelia seemed to be doing better. Her cheeks are still pretty swollen and bruised. She really enjoyed us being there! I'm glad I could make her day a little better.

After we visited Aurelia's, Sora Stoica invited us to have lunch/ dinner at her house. We ate probably around 3 or 4. Andreea's parents made tai food! It was delicious. I loved it! The food was foarte bun! While they were cooking food, her dad invited us to his brothers house about 30 minutes away. His dad wanted to BBQ us some food for dinner. As you can tell I was very well fed on sunday! Most of the food was delicious, some of it was very interesting. I was so full that night from all the food I ate. Being stuffed did not make squishing into the Stoica's small car any better. The five of us all had to fit. I ended up laying across Sarahy, Andreea and Katelyn in the back seat and her parents sat up front.

Andreea's uncle and aunt's house was beautiful!




It was so pretty there!



Katelyn and me!


This is where Andreea's dad and uncle barbecued the food.




All the girls eating food! The first food they fed us was some fruit and ice cream. The ice cream was so good! It tasted like pecans to me.


This is the rest of the food I ate! The bowl with the red design on the left of the picture has all the barbecued meat in it- chicken, pork, sausage, probably more but I don't remember. There is bread at the bottom of the picture in a bowl with green napkins on the side. The silver bowl in front of it has pork liver "carne de porc ficat" inside. Yes I ate porc liver, which by the way was gross. It reminded me of the treats that my family use to give Lilly.  Nu îmi place! I do not like. The 2 bowls next to the liver and bread is pickled watermelon "murat pepene verde" and tomatoes "roșii murat." I didn't try the pickled tomatoes but the pickled watermelon I don't really care for. The flavor of the watermelon was so zesty! It was so powerful. I did not like the mix of pickles and watermelon. The bowl on the far right corner of the table has the weirdest food I have ever tasted. Imagine jello texture flavored with meat and vegetable juice with chunks of meat. The texture was like jello but it was not jello. They take the juice left over from boiling the meat and vegetables and make that the jello. The jello had pieces of meat in it and was probably the weirdest thing I have ate here. Also it did not taste well. At first it tastes really really salty and then all of a sudden there is a really strong flavor that is not good. I don't know how to describe the taste but I did not like it at all! After all that food, it was a second dinner really, we had cake. Great way to end the night with dessert! Andreea's family was so nice. They were very welcoming. She has some great family.

"Be patient, sooner or later the clouds part and the sun comes shinning through."

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY food and a BEAUTIFUL house!! Great Sunday you had!!!!

    ReplyDelete