Mario took the three of us out of Iasi into the country to visit her parent's house. Country Iasi was very different. No cement buildings or dirty streets. Everything was open. There was huge fields and houses! I never saw any houses in Iasi, just apartment buildings. Mario's parents house was nice.
The house in the picture that is yellow/green is where her parents sleep. There is three bedrooms with individual fire places in each one. That house is only for sleeping though. Then the brown house/ area is the kitchen and a wine cellar. There is three doors. The middle door goes to the kitchen which is one small room with the stove, counters, and table. The door on the left goes down to the wine cellar. They keep their food storage there too. I don't know what the door to the right is for, she never showed us. The bathroom is on the outside. Mario's parents when they were young raised tons of animals and had huge gardens. Now that they are older it is too hard for them to take care of everything. They only have chickens and roosters. Mario's mother fed us food. She cooked mamaliga, chicken, and pickled watermelon. Mario showed us the house and yard after we were done eating.
This is where they keep the animals
If you look closely, you can see the chickens
After we were done at Mario's parents house, Mario took us to her sisters house. Her sister has horses, cows, chickens, roosters, pigs, dogs, and cats. She has so many animals! Her sister is really living on a farm. Mario was telling us that it is a lot of work. I believe it! She has so many animals to take care of. She also gave us a tour of her sisters house. The house was like sectioned off. We kept having to go outside and enter in another door. Each area of the house was its own little area. The whole house was not connected.
We made it back in time to go to the relief society activity at 3. The three of us sang "Surori in Sion" (As Sisters in Zion) at the activity. We didn't start practicing until today! We sang the first verse acapella. Then I sang the first verse and Katleyn and Sarahy sang "we are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us and we love him, yes we love him" at the same time, acapella too. Then Sora Moulton played the piano as we sang the three verses in Romanian! It went as well as it could of. I was super nervous. Everyone seemed to like it! They told us we did great. It is church, so people have to say that. Sora Daniella, the President of Relief Society talked, Sora Ginny also did too. She is a counselor. Andreea, a counselor, also talked too. Sora Henninger, her and her husband are part of the mission presidency, spoke too. Sora Henninger talked about the relief society. She said, "Some of the most important things we will do in Relief Society will not be in a meeting." She talked about the importance of visiting our sisters and being there for one another. She said, "Relief Society is a refuge from the storm of the world." Andreea had us write down our talents and how we will strengthen them. Then after writing them down we turned to the person next to us and told them the talents they had. Katelyn, Geninea, and I told each other the talents we all have. Katelyn told me that I am very kind, that I have a great capacity to love, that I listen without being judgmental, and that my family is very important to me and that I love them. Everything Katelyn said was so nice. It made me feel so good hearing her say those things. The exercise Andreea had us to do was very good. I think it helped strengthen the sisters in the ward. It helped the sisters become more united. After that we did 2 activities. The first one we stood in a circle and Andreea had a ball of yarn. She threw it to someone and said a compliment about them. We continued doing that until everyone said something about someone. The second activity we attached four balloons to our leg and then everyone tried to pop each others. I think the activity was very good. I think it helped unify the relief society more.
No comments:
Post a Comment