"It's the little moments that make life big."
Today I had two special moments. The first was at the orphanage when I was playing with Teo and Iza. Teo is really so sweet with the other kids, especially today with Iza. I wish I could of had a picture of what happened today. I'm pretty sure I did teach Iza how to give kisses! That makes me feel so good! She is absolutely the cutest baby, especially when she gives kisses. She now kisses your cheek and even kissed my lips today. Shhh, don't tell anyone. I don't know what the worker would say if she knew. She is a baby so I think it is okay! It was such a special moment between the three of us. I was showing Teo that she gives kisses. I would tell Iza "pup" and then make the kiss noise. I would put my head close to hers and she would kiss me. Then Teo would do the same thing and Iza would give her a kiss. It was so cute! This happened for awhile. After that Teo and me were each holding one of Iza's hands and letting her walk. Every once in awhile Teo would stop and try to pick Iza up. I would have to help her since Iza is a little too big for Teo to hold by herself. Teo would try so hard to hold her by herself. When Teo was holding Iza she would give her a kiss on the cheek. It was the sweetest moment ever. I just wanted to freeze time and soak in that moment. I realized today how loving Teo is! She is going to be a wonderful mother someday. She is very nurturing. At one point I was holding both of them. Iza on my right side and Teo on the left. Iza of course gave both me and Teo tons of kisses! I love these two girls a bunch! They will always hold a special part of my heart. Iza giving kisses is just adorable and I wanted to show the worker Ada. I tried showing her and Iza wouldn't give her a kiss at that time! What a little stinker. She had been doing it for awhile now with me and Teo. I guess she was all kissed out.
The other special moment happened at the hospital with big Eliana. Every time we are with Eliana she is sitting. I always thought she couldn't stand. Her legs are really weak. She can craw/scoot to get around but I have never seen her stand. Last week she wanted to walk with Katelyn. Katelyn held her hands while she walked. She loved it and was smiling big the whole time. So today, the lady in Eliana's room was telling her to give me a kiss. It was so sweet. She was sitting next to me on a bed and scooted herself behind me and pulled herself up on the bed. She used me to help her pull herself up and was standing by me. She then moved her head close to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek! Something about seeing her pull herself up to give me a kiss was just so sweet. It is a tender moment I had with Eliana that I will always remember! I love this little girl so much!
"It is not so much the major events, as the small day-to-day decisions that map the course of our living." -President Gordon B. Hinckley


Lately, I too have been trying to remember the small tender moments we can have everyday if we take a minute to stop and think about it!
ReplyDelete