Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Crazzzy Dayy

Marion LOVED my hair! He told me over and over how much he like it. He kept saying it was beautiful. He took my hair out of a pony and played with it. He just couldn't get enough of it. He even told the worker to look at my hair. That boy is too cute! Marion had another melt down today. This time I kind of felt like I triggered it because we were playing. Earlier when he was playing with my hair he put it in front of my face. He thought that was really funny. So later when we were playing, I put my hair in front of my face and was pretending to come after him. He loved this and started laughing. He was just playing with me and grabbed my hair. He let go when I told him too and I knew he was just playing. The worker saw him and thought he was really pulling my hair. The worker kept asking him to apologize but he wouldn't. After they insisted many times to say I'm sorry, he had a melt down. Just like yesterday many workers came into the room. None of them could calm him down. Mihai ended up coming in and picking him up and carrying him into the back bedroom. Mihai stayed with Marion for almost the remaining of the morning. I think the way Marion was handled today was better than yesterday. Marion came out later and was in a much better mood. I played with the kids for the remainder of my time there. On my way out of the orphanage with Katelyn, Mihai stopped to talk to us. He asked me what I thought about Marion. He told me Marion doesn't have anyone to trust here. The workers and people in his life are always changing. What Mihai was basically saying was Marion has attachment disorder. When Marion has a meltdown, there is no adult that he can trust. His emotions take over his mind and he loses control. When he is in control he can deal with his emotions but when he isn't in control and thinking, he becomes aggressive. He also gets really jealous. Today was bad. He was being really aggressive to the kids. He was pushing tables over, throwing toys at the kids, and even pushing the kids off the chairs. I hope things get a little easier for Marion and that he can trust some adult. Mihai told us that Marion isn't the only child with this problem. All kids in orphanages growing up can have an attachment disorder. These kids are in a place where the adults are constantly changing. Mihai is a very knowledgeable person. It was very good talking to him. I really like him and I know I can learn a lot from him.




Today at the hospital, Katelyn and I played with Florentina and Eliana for awhile. We played hide and seek, played in the bathroom, in the hallway, our "pa pa" game, and even went for a little walk down the hallway out to the couch. In the hallway, Eliana wanted to walk. She does this frequently. She can't walk but she loves to try. When she was walking with Katelyn she kept saying "poti, poti" (I can, I can). What a sweet tender moment this was. She believed in herself that she could walk. What an inspiring little girl!

Yesterday we left crayons for Florentina. When we arrived today, Florentina was so eager to show us her drawing. She was so proud of it! Her smile was from ear to ear and she pointed to her masterpiece on the wall. It was cute how excited she was to show us. She was so proud of her picture! I'm sure the nurses weren't as excited about her masterpiece on the wall.



These two are perfect for each other!


Florentina discovered the camera on my iPod.



I love my family! My mom sent this to me. It made me smile to see how excited my family is to see me. I have missed them. I am really happy I will see them soon! After the hospital I started packing. I am sad to be leaving the children I have been working with and have grown to love. It is a bittersweet feeling leaving. I want to see my family but at the same time I don't want to leave Romania. I got a good portion of my packing done. I'm glad I started early so I don't have to save it all for the day before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment