Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Day!

Right when we walked into the doors of the orphanage building, Teo told me not to change. At first I thought I had done something wrong but she said that she made arrangements for me to go to the apartments! In that moment everything was perfect! I was beyond excited! I was going to see Robert and Isa again!!!!!! I was so happy. I have missed these two cuties so much! Teo said we were waiting for someone before we could head out to the apartments. We left around 9:20ish. Mihai, the speech therapist, Teo, a lady who works at the orphanage, and a man who works at the orphanage all came in the car. I saw Robert first. He has gotten so big! When I walked in the door he was walking to the door. He was just so big! I couldn't believe it. Teo told me he was walking but still I couldn't believe it. He is such a cutie. I was so happy to see him!!! I can't express how I felt when I saw him and picked him up. He definitely remembered me! It broke my heart to tell him bye. I love that boy so much. It was sad to tell him bye but I am so glad I got to come and hold him and kiss him one more time. I am glad I got to tell him bye. Last time he left my room I wasn't there. I didn't know he was leaving. I just showed up the next day and he was gone. It was definitely better telling him bye instead of him just being gone...
I love Robert!



Next I saw Iza!!! This is the little girl who I taught to give pups "kisses." I have missed her so much. I was so sad when I came back from my trip and she was gone. She is one of my favorites! She is so cute and so beautiful!! She has the cutest personality ever! I didn't get to spend that much time with her. I was hoping I could get a kiss out of her but there wasn't much time. I pretty much held her and got a couple pictures. Well like before with Robert, I'm just glad I got to see her again! I got to hold her one more time and tell her bye this time. I kissed Isa and Robert so many times! And told them I loved them a bunch too. I just treasured every moment with them. I am so glad Teo found time to take me. It was so worth going and seeing these two!




Once I got back I changed and went to my room. Giovani was out of his bed. He has been sick and has been in his room all day for the past couple of days. I spent some time with Mihai and Catalina. Most of my time was with Denisa! I spent some good quality time with her today. I'm going to miss this girl oh so much! Te iubesc foarte mult Denisa! I colored with Teo. We wrote names and drew together. I held the pencil and she would move my hand. I teared up a little today when I was putting the kids in their cribs after masa (lunch). I love these kids so much! I was just holding them and hugging them before I put them in their cribs. I could of been in that moment forever. I love these kids and I don't want to leave them. These moments I have had with them are so special.


Luminita was so nice to me today. She was the worker in my room today. She knows I am leaving soon and my last day is tomorrow. Before I left today she gave me a hug and a kiss. She even was trying to get Denisa to say my name. I have realized since being here in Romania how important names are. The workers say my name when they are talking to me. I didn't know any differently. Katelyn and Sarahy both have said they like that the workers call me by name. They said they don't do that in isolation. Names are so important! I love love love when the kids say Megan. Mama is great too but something about "Megan" is just different. It means everything! It makes me feel important too when the workers acknowledge me by my name.

At the hospital I met a nine year old girl on one of the floors. She was a happy girl! I enjoyed chatting with her. We left her with some stickers, coloring pages, crayons, and even shared a little snack, goldfish and chocolate chips! Then we saw Alexandra and a new little boy. This new little boy has a cleft palate. After that we went across to the other side and saw Florin and the little boy who has the prettiest eyes. Then we went up to the 7th floor. We saw Mundra first and then went to Eliana and Florentina! Katelyn and I fed Eliana and Florentina goldfish, chocolate chips, oranges, and some apa (water). Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment