Sunday, April 14, 2013

Traveling to Bucharest

Today was are last sunday. We went to Sacrament and Sunday School. Elder Slemboski asked the three of us to come bare our testimonies at the end of sacrament. All three of us went. I was really nervous but I did it anyway. It was really short and to the point but it was in Romanian. I was very proud of myself. I think if Sora Fletcher wouldn't have given a talk before me I wouldn't have gone up. She is a newer missionary and is still learning Romanian. I told myself if she can do it then I can too! And I did do it! After Sacrament we gave our thank you notes to members in the branch: President Pitucan and the relief society. I gave thank you cards to the Stoica family, Sora Lidia, and the Soras. It was a really good sunday. Sunday was a little emotional too. I teared up a little and Katelyn was crying. I'm going to miss singing songs in Romanian and the members. The people in Romania are so happy and just amazing!

This is what I said in Romanian when I bore my testimony: "Știu ca Isus Hristos trăiește. Știu ca biserica este adevărată. Sunt recunoscătoare pentru familia mea. Sunt recunoscător pentru salvatorul meu. Sunt recunoscător pentru timpul meu aici. În numele lui Isus Hristos, amin."


This is what the train looks like! We left around 2pm and didn't get there until 9:30pm. It was a long long train ride. I tried to do homework most of the way. I did get a good amount done!


Andreea came with us to Bucharest. She is so nice and so giving and just so selfless. I am really glad she came with us. She is such an amazing person! I am so glad I met her. After making some calls to the sister missionaries they called people in Bucharest and we found somewhere to stay. We are staying with a couple that is LDS. The husband works for the government. He is at the embassy in Bucharest. The couple was so so nice. They even have free calling to the US and let us all call home. They were so nice to let all four of us stay with them. The husband even picked us up from the train station and drove us back to where they were staying. Tomorrow morning at 5 the wife is driving us to the airport. The family was so so nice! On the ride to their apartment the husband was talking to us. We asked him how he liked Romania and he said it was good. He really likes traveling. He says the couple places they have gone the people have been so happy. The people have nothing but yet they have everything. They don't need everything to be happy. They accept their life and are happy. He says people are just different than in the states. People are happy and yet they don't have anything. He is right the people in Romania are very happy people. Most of them are poor but yet they are still happy. They accept their life and live with it. All the people I have met are great examples to me. I have learned so much from my experience in Romania.

No comments:

Post a Comment