Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Best Welcome Home

"There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child- and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own." -Robert Brault

This quote is so true, especially after my time spent in Romania. I have an instinct to make any child who needs love, my own. I make all the kids I interact with my own. They all need my love.

I wish I had the words to describe how I felt today. Imagine the best moment in your life and that is how I felt! Maybe not the best but it was pretty close up there. I just can't even describe the feeling I felt when I walked into my room and saw those kids again. All I can say is that I'm really glad the worker wasn't in the room. Lets just say I have been pretty emotional lately and I was close to tears. I just want to freeze that moment of when Tep and Denisa saw me. The moment when all the kids were looking at me and just smiling. The moment when Denisa came running to me with her hands stretched out towards me. The moment when Madelina reaches her hands out for me to hold her. The moment when Mihai starts shaking his hand with the "ahh" sound. The moment when I am so overwhelmed with love for these kids. I couldn't get enough of these kids today. I just wanted to hold them all, all day long. They couldn't get enough of me either. Denisa just melted into my arms like she always does. She was one I was nervous about. I was really nervous that they would forget me on my long trip but none of them did! Teo greeted me with a kiss and of course asked for hand sanitizer. It's our little thing. Madelina was just cuddling with me for the longest time. Mihai was just so happy to see me. Stelian is close to walking and was walking so good for me today! He even was smiling at me and I could just tell he trusted me. I just love these kids so much and I can't express what they mean to me. They have changed my life in so many ways.



The hospital was so great too. Alexandra was back in the hospital. She seemed so big! She has grown a ton. Mirela from the orphanage was there. The worker told me this morning that she was in the hospital. It was so good to see her. She remembered me and even said my name! I love that girl. She is so cute. It made me happy seeing her. Elena and Florentina are still in the hospital. They did not look good today. Elena was kind of grumpy and wasn't feeling well. Florentina was in a great mood but looked awful. She did not look good. They both were really sick and looked it too. I hope they get feeling better soon! I want Mirela to come back to the orphanage soon!



Iza left my room while I was gone. I was so sad not to be greeted by her today. I won't see any more kisses or smiles from this cute little girl. Teo told me they took her to the apartments on tuesday. I'm glad she is there but sad to see her go. She is one of my favorites! I could definitely take this little girl home with me.

Happy Birthday Nana! I sure do love you! I hope you had a great day. I miss you and can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment