Today I had reassurance that what I'm doing is GOOD and that I really am helping. It was a brief moment and came from Dr. Ciobanu and the reporter. Today people from the news came and recorded the kids and asked Dr. Ciobanu questions. They asked if they could interview me, I told them sure. She told me, "you came all the way from America to volunteer here when the people here don't even volunteer to help." She asked me what I thought about that. After I was done it dawned on me that it is unusual for people to do this. To give up their time to come and volunteer. It tells a lot about me that I would come here and serve. This small moment helped me realize that what I am doing is good. The reporter noticed it and Dr. Ciobanu even told me after. She said I'm a good example. These kids wouldn't have any one else if I wasn't here. I am making a difference in these children's lives.
Iza
Madelina
The kids loved the camera, especially Nicoleta and Teo. Nicoleta kept trying to touch the camera and Teo was adorable in front of the camera. And boy did she love the camera. She said "Buna Ziua" and "Ca Faci" to the camera. She also said her name! It was so cute. I hope this video that is going on the news will touch someones life. Here is a link to a video that was done on the orphanage a couple days ago. I was on my trip in Brasov when they came. The room that has the walkers in it is my room! Those are the kids I work with everyday!
http://www.digi24.ro/stire/Deficit-masiv-de-personal-in-centrele-de-plasament-din-Iasi_87148
i watched the video and couldn't understand a thing... man i don't know how you're doing it! but it was so fun to see where you've been serving and caring for all those kids!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the link worked!
ReplyDelete