"You will be strengthened and yet inspired to
know the limits and extent of your ability to serve." -Henry B. Eyring
Today I visited Aurelia in the hospital again. She
seemed to be doing worse today then yesterday. Her face is more swollen and
bruised. She also looked really tired. She told us she hasn't been sleeping
very well. It made her really happy when we stopped by though. I'm really happy
we did. It was good to keep her company and bring her some soup. Andreea came
with us too. I hope she gets better soon! We let the missionaries know she was
there and I'm hoping the elders will have time today to go give her a blessing.
So the whole time I have been in Romania we have
talked about going to the hospital on saturday but we never actually have. Well
today Katelyn and me went to the hospital. It was weird going on a saturday.
The hospital was less busy. It didn't have as many people visiting and stuff.
It also didn't feel like a saturday because we were at the hospital and
normally we don't go on saturdays. Katelyn and me met the nicest people on the
8th floor. When we first got there the baby was crying and the 2 adults in the
room were trying to find a nurse cause they thought the baby was hungry. They
were right the baby was hungry. The nurse told us they aren't feeding her until
4 though. It was good to see people in the same room as the babies without moms
concerned about them. The 2 adults in the room were visiting their niece, who
was in the hospital. The grandma of the little girl was there too along with
her mom. It was good seeing a family support each other. I don't think I have
seen that since being in romania. That family definitely loved and supported
each other. They were very nice. They asked me and Katelyn where we were from
and what we were doing here. They asked if we were mothers and we both said no.
The grandma told us we are very good with the kids. She was very sweet of her
and what a nice compliment. It was very nice to meet this family. Big Eliana is
on the 7th floor. She was sleeping when we got there. We left her some stickers
and some coloring pages so she knew we were there.
On the 5th floor I found out more about the little
girl with beautiful red brown hair. The little baby that Katelyn knows her mom.
The babies name is Alexandra and her one foot is broken, along with her hands.
I don't understand why the doctors haven't done anything for her. She is in so
much pain whenever she moves. She has a really sad cry. The ladies in the room
told Katelyn yesterday that the mom just left her there. They also said that
they don't think she is coming back. That just breaks my heart. I don't know
how anyone could ever do that. I hope with all my heart she comes back for her
baby. If she doesn't I at least hope she will relinquish her rights so the baby
can be adopted. If they can't find her mom again then that baby can never be
adopted. I do not like that in Romania they have to find their parents and have
them relinquish before they can adopt. What if they can't find their parents
and the child does not have any family visit them? I think after a certain time
of no contact from family the child should be able to be adopted. That is what
is best for the child- to be adopted. Not to stay in a placement center,
hospital or some facility. I hope sometime soon the law for adoption here in
Romania will change. This little girl is so precious. I think all three of us
would gladly take this baby girl home. I know I would. Little Eliana is also on
the 5th floor. She was sleeping when got to her. Me and Katelyn decided not to
wake her up so we just left diapers for her. Ion was asleep too. We didn't wake
him either. There is a little baby boy with down syndrome in the ICU. He
is really small and has a box over his head. The box has oxygen blowing inside
to help him. Every time I am in the ICU I am drawn to him. He is such a
precious little boy. I spend a lot of time while I am in the ICU with him. I
will rub his belly or hand and hum primary songs to him. I also will touch his
cheeks from time to time. I wish I could hold him. Who knows the last time when
he was held. It has probably been awhile. I'm happy whenever I get to see him
though!
Alexandra
I am starting to realize that we are all caregivers
and together we make up a society. Especially here in Romania. All of the
people that have came on this internship make up a society. Caring for these
children takes a team, a loving and unified society. The Lord loves me for any
part I play.
"Whenever you have cared for someone for even a short time, you
have felt love for the person you have served. As the time to provide needed
care grew longer, the feelings of love increased... Our evidence of His
appreciation is that God allows you to feel increasing love for those you
serve. That is a reason why you weep at the death of someone you have served
for a long time. Losing the chance to care for them can feel like an even
greater loss than does the temporary separation."


Megan your post touch my heart so deep I can't even explain it. I love you so much. Tears flow down my face...... My testimony is strengthened from Your experiences. Thank you for allowing me to read your tender posts! I'm so grateful you were able to go and Serve these sweet pecious children. I love how you sing/hum primary songs to them. Also the quotes you add to your post feel like they were just for me! You have been an answer to my prayers more than once the past few weeks! Thanks again!
ReplyDelete