Friday, April 12, 2013

See You Later

"Heavenly Father made all of us special. Jesus said that we should be kind to all of our brothers and sisters. I want to be like Jesus. Don't you?"


A couple days ago the three of us talked to Aislynn and she gave us some tips for our last day of work. First she told us not to prolong goodbye. Second don't have high expectations for the last day. Just because it is your last day does not mean it will be perfect. Think of it like any other day because to the kids it is. And third, no regrets. If you want to say goodbye to every child then say goodbye. Do what YOU want to do. Just remember the children will remember you for eternity! What you did blessed their lives and you were of help! Also use the scriptures to help comfort. I am so glad Aislynn talked to us before our last day. It was good to hear some tips from someone who has been in this situation already.

When we first arrived at the orphanage we gave gifts to Dr. Ciobanu and Teo. I also made cards for the workers in my room before I went up to my room. It was probably around 9:45 when I headed to my room. I gave thank you cards to Big Cami, Little Cami, Cristina, Simona, Ada, Luminita, Felicia, Nina, and Mihai. Out of all those people only Nina and Mihai were at the orphanage today. I gave the rest of the thank you cards to Teo to give to the workers when she saw them. Both Nina and Mihai were so surprised. I'm really glad I did. Nina talked to me during the older kids masa thanking me. I really do like her! She is so sweet with the kids. I really admire Mihai. He does great work. I don't think I have met a more patient person here in romania than him. He is amazing! When I first gave it to him, he asked me "what is this?" I told him it was a thank you note. He was so surprised and shocked. I think it really touched him. I also gave a heart with a martisor to Cristina. She is always so nice to me. She was one of the first workers I met. Later at the older kids masa, Mihai came in and gave me a cd, "For the Beauty of the Earth." On the outside it says, "Watch whenever you need." That meant a lot to me! It took me by surprise when he handed it to me. I wasn't expecting anything. All the workers I have met are so nice. They are truly wonderful, amazing people! What they do is amazing and I greatly admire the work they do.

The kids today thought it was just like any other day but it wasn't. It is my last day. My heart broke so many times. I didn't really play with them today I just held them all the whole time! I felt like they knew I was leaving, that it was my last day. They all just seemed to want to be held. I would hold them and they would just lay their head on my shoulder. I just had so many special, tender moments with these kids today. I had the opportunity to hold all of them for awhile today. I am so glad I had the time. It was in a way a last tender moment I had with all of them.

I held Denisa and just loved her for awhile, Mirela was laying in my lap and just looking at me so tenderly. I can't express how today felt. Teo was just Teo! Amazing as always. Even Marion was so tender and nice at masa. I held Madalina for awhile. It had been a couple days since I have spent some serious time with her. I loved every second of it! I love her! I made sure to kiss the kids a lot today and tell them all that I love them! I probably gave about 200 kisses today. I sang you are my sunshine a couple times and even told Stelian as I was holding him that I can't do it. I had to turn away from the worker a couple times during the day cause I got pretty teary eyed. Mihai even let me just hold him. Giovani seemed so happy today. Stelian kept walking to me! Teo took the perfect picture. Stelian is walking to me and I have my arms out towards him. It is blury but I love it! I am so proud of that little boy! Te iubesc foarte mult Stelian!

While the younger kids were at masa, I was watching the three girls. They were going crazy and running in all the directions out the door. Mirela and Denisa ran into the baie (bathroom) and Teo went out into the hallway. I went after Teo and thought its okay they just went into the bathroom. When I come back into the room holding Teo, I saw Denisa holding the toilet cleaner above her head coming out of the bathroom. At first I thought, "I hope no one saw her." Then I put Teo down and ran over to them. I chased her into the bathroom and pull it out of her hands. hehe I can't believe she hand the toilet cleaner. Oh Denisa, how I love this girl! It was definitely a funny moment!

After the younger kids were done with masa, I helped the workers put the younger ones in bed. I just held them for so long! I didn't want to let them go. I teared up knowing this was the last time I would help put them into their cribs. There was a new worker today and she probably thought I was crazy because of the way I was acting.  I put Mihai, Madalina, and Stelian into their cribs. Each one I held a little longer before I put them down. Treasuring each precious moment I have left with them. Hugging them and kissing them one last time. I tried remembering what Aislynn said about not prolonging goodbye. It was hard to get myself to leave that room. The room with all the younger kids' cribs. Eventually I did pull myself away. I love all those kids and they will always have a place in my heart! I don't think a day will go past where I don't think about the experience I had here in Romania.

After putting them in cribs it was just me and the three girls! My girls! Teo had a medicine squirter. She was giving the kids pretend medicine and shots. I was laying down and mirela was laying on me. She was just adorable today. I really felt like they knew I was going. Denisa seemed so lovable and just wanted me. Teo wanted to be held the whole time. I'm just so happy the worker didn't say anything about me holding them all. After doing shots and stuff we moved into the room between the main room and bathroom. Teo was sitting in the chair that sang a song and Mirela was sitting in the white chair. I was sitting on the floor and Denisa was in my lap. We were just having a little party! The worker came in and just looked at us kinda funny but just let it be. Later they brought in the vacuum. Denisa is scared of the vacuum. The worker just shut the door. Denisa was crying and I was just holding her. After awhile, I started singing "These are a few of my favorite things." The last 40 minutes with these girls was just so precious. Earlier when she was giving me shots. I got pretty sad and just put my head between my legs for a little bit. After awhile I put my head up and Teo was looking at me. She looked so concerned. Like "Why are you sad Megan?" I swear they knew. Her concerned look only last a little bit but it touched me to know that these kids really do care about me.

Heading to masa, the moment I have been dreading. After the worker says, "hai la masa," I head to masa with the three older girls, wait for them to get their food and then leave. This was the last time I would be doing this. My final goodbye. As I was crouched down next to the kids so many thoughts were going through my head. I couldn't believe how fast my time has gone by. I couldn't believe this was the end. Throughout the day I had thought about what my mom had said to me the day before, but the moment that I thought about it most was in this moment when I was about to leave. This is what she told me, "I want to share the experience I had praying for you today. I prayed that you would be surrounded by angels as you said your goodbyes tomorrow. That angels and your loved ones on the other side, Grandma Cindy, would comfort and hold you up during this very hard time. It came extremely strong that it's just "see you later" not goodbye. That you would see all of them again. That they would come running with open arms to you. Prayer is amazing. Families are forever. That you will see these special little spirits again. Sooner than we all think. Gods time is so much faster than ours. It's like that church song in less than a minute we will be with our loved ones again. I hope this brings peace and comfort to your broken heart." I definitely felt help today as I had to tell everyone goodbye. And my mom was right. It wasn't goodbye but see you later. I felt that today as I was leaving that this would not be the end. I would see these kids again. Maybe not in this life but the life after. These kids will always be a part of me. That I do know for sure. They have changed my life in so many ways.

The second I walked out of masa, I lost it. Tears were flowing. My heart was broken. It was very hard to pull myself away from my sweet girls. And when I finally did, tears were coming. I am grateful for what my mom said. I know that I will see all the sweet children I worked with again.

Ala



Stelian Walking!!!! This is the perfect picture.


Catalina


At the hospital, we visited the baby with a box first. We decided to figure out her name since it was the last day. We only found out her last name, Balau. We think she doesn't have a first name. We decided to give her a first name, "Faith Alexandra Balau."

Then on the 5th floor we saw Alexandra and the baby with clef pallet. On the other side of the 5th floor we saw Florin and the magical baby "Gavril." Gavril is the baby with the prettiest eyes. Katelyn and me were playing with Florin. We were tossing him back and forth. He had the biggest smile.





Florin



Magical baby "Gavril." These pictures don't do him justice. This baby is beautiful! Especially his eyes. 



On the 7th floor we visited Florentina, Eliana and an older boy. Florentina was in the hallway when we first came in. We had to go to the other side first so she came with us. The guy on the other side is 16 or 17 years old and doesn't talk. After that we went to Eliana! Katelyn gave them both flowers! They looked adorable. We played in the bathroom with ghost sounds and the door would open all by itself. They loved this! They laughed so much and wanted to do it over and over again. Florentina and me also played with stickers for awhile. We also gave them some food! I went in Eliana's crib again. She tucked me in with a blanket. Andreea explained to her that we were going home, home home. Not home in Iasi but across the ocean to America. Eliana didn't want us to go. It was sad hearing her say that. I'm glad Andreea explained it to her though. Eliana understands enough that I would be sad if we just left. I wouldn't want her waiting for us the next day or days to come and wondering where we went... I love these two girls so so much!


Florentina


These girls are perfect for each other. Eliana does all the talking and Florentina does the active part. Florentina doesn't talk much so Eliana talks for here. Eliana doesn't walk and isn't as active so Florentina does what Eliana can't. They are so cute together! I can see how much they care for each other. They get so happy every time they see each other. They are the perfect examples of good friends!


I love this picture! I'm going to miss Florentina and Eliana so much!


"True love can alter human lives and change human nature. I plead with you to have the courage to refrain from judging and criticizing those around you. As well as the courage to make certain everyone is included and feels loved and valued."-President Monson

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEARS Stream down my face this morning my sweet Megan!!!! I couldn't bring myself to read this post!!!! But this morning is the day!!!!! It touched my heart more than I can describe into words!!!! The tears wont stop flowing!!! I will miss your blog post!!!! THanks for sharing your heart and testimony with me!!!! Angels will continue to hold you up has your heart hurts a little less each day!!! You will always have a hole in your heart. But peace will come and heal your broken heart.You changed these kids lives forever!!!!! You will forever be in their heart!!!! When you meet again it will be so TENDER, SWEET, and AMAZING more than you can even imagine!!!! I love you my sweet, precious, amazing daughter!!!! I'm truly blessed to be your MOM!!! You bring me so much JOY!!!! I love watching all my children grow and learn each day!!!! I love you to the moon and back a million times no matter What!!!!!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))) Even though I don't understand all you are going through my heart does break for you. I will listen anytime!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete