I had the cutest little Valentines!
And did I mention I probably had over 20 Valentines! They were perfect.
"A child enters your life and fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty."
"A child enters your life and fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty."
I also got to talk to this little cutie and my parents! What a treat to be able to talk to them. I am so grateful for technology. Without out it, there is no way I could talk to my family halfway across the world. Too bad I couldn't get a cookie through the screen
The 3 of us are definitely guided as we go through the hospital. We always seem to spend the perfect amount of time with all the children and manage to visit all 8 floors in three hours. Today for Valentines Day we bought chocolate and gave them to the kids in the hospital and some of the moms too! Here in Romanian only the young adults celebrate Valentines day today. The Romanian Valentines day is the 24th of February.
There is a lady in the ICU with her baby who is the sweetest. She knows English and will talk to us. She asks us questions about ourself and tells us about her. She has also been in the hospital for awhile too. I hope she will get to go home soon. Today she offered us pizza. It was so nice of her. I had an indescribably feeling come over me when I was holding one of the babies. It was the most comforting, peaceful feeling. It was an answer to a prayer. I know that what I'm doing is good. At this time in my life this is where I am suppose to be.
The orphanage today was filled with so much love! Everyone seemed so nice. Not that people aren't nice on other days but today felt especially nice. The mood was just so good! Everyone was happy. The worker in my room, Ana, got a surprise bouquet of flowers! It was beautiful! Her face was priceless. She was so excited and just happy. A lot of workers from other rooms came in to see the flowers. I guess news travels fast in the orphanage. The other worker in my room, Simona, was making some really cool stuff with play dough. She made a really cool flower and also made a flower ring for Teo. She is very creative! Ana, the kids, and me also played with bubbles for awhile too. It was a great day!
Institute was taught by Andreea. She did an excellent job! This quote by Richard G. Scott sums up what I learned, "Your agency, the right to make choices, is not given so that you can get what you want. This divine gift is provided so that you will choose what your Father in Heaven wants for you. That way He can lead you to become all that He intends you to be." Heavenly Father knows best in agency. He knows what will make us happy. By choosing what Heavenly Father wants than we can reach our potential and become everything we can be. She also used another really good quote by Thomas S. Monson, "Be loyal to the royal within you." This made me think of the block I had in my room that said, "Remember who you are. Knowing who you are changes what you do." I think we can be loyal by remembering who we are- children of a Heavenly King. If we remember who we are then we can realize the potential we have. It is a way we can be loyal to the royal within us.



I'm glad you had a GREAT Valentines! Your pictures melt my heart. I'm so happy you had such a peaceful comforting experience with one of the kids. Heavenly Father does answer prayers and knows what we need! Your post made me cry! I wish I could have passed you a cookie too. I'm also grateful we can chat! Love you tons!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry I only removed it cause I had a typo hahahaha now I fixed it!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love that quote by Elder Scott! I love reading your posts they brighten my day and I absolutely LOVE all your Valentines! I wish I could be there with you to hold them! They are so precious!