Last night I met Livia Ciuc. Her family is friends with Ken and my mom is friends with Ken's wife. Ken emailed Livia telling her I would be in Iasi and asked her to meet me. So last night, Katelyn, Sarahy and me met Livia and her husband at Palas. They took us to a restaurant. It was also kind of a bar. Sarahy called it a hook up bar. All I know is there was a ton of drinking and smoking. They were very considerate though. They asked if it was okay and they knew from Uncle Ken that we don't drink or smoke. They are very nice people. It is always good to talk to people from Romania. It allows me to understand more the people in Romania. Life here is hard and I have so much respect towards the Romanian people. They were the first younger people I have met that wanted to stay in Romania. Everyone else I have met wants to leave. Livia and her husband say this is their home. They travel a lot and know a ton of places in Iasi. They said once the weather is better they will show us around.
Today was a very good day! Sarahy, Katelyn and me had a long discussion yesterday. We talked about how we were feeling, what we were struggling with and just everything. I think that helped so much. The three of us also started watching a show- Gilmore Girls. It is something that we can look forward to and watch together. I am so glad that today was so well. At the orphanage I was able to play with the kids. We colored, played with blocks, had fun with bubbles, played with some play dough, and even sang a little. I know Heavenly Father answers prayers. Friday felt like a little too much. I wasn't quite sure I could handle it. But I know I can, I won't have anything I can't handle. Plus I know I am not alone when I go to work in the orphanage. The hospital was just so great too. I felt so good and I had more energy than normal. Andreea had heart surgery and she was back in her crib. I'm glad the surgery went well. I was happy to see that cutie. I also found out that she is from the orphanage too which is great news! The orphanage will allow her progress developmentally. Of course I did some dancing with Eliana. That girl just loves music! She is always so happy when she sees us walking into her room. Her smile makes me smile. I also saw the cutest little boy ever, I call him stud muffin. There is also a little girl in her room. She is just adorable. She loves when we come. She gets so happy and smiles the cutest smile ever. Overall a great day at the hospital and orphanage!
That night I went to family home evening. I played the game jenga and phase 10 with katelyn and one of the branch members. I also talked to other branch members that were there for family home evening. I like getting to know the branch members. They are all very nice. I am happy that some of them speak a little english too. That always helps!
I am going to make one of my goals to embrace each day with enthusiastic welcome. I want to have a better attitude and outlook on my days. I only have a short time here and I want to seek out the good all the time! I want to embrace each day with welcome, a smile, and the thought, "it's a good day." I want my days and thoughts to be positive. I know my experience will be better if my attitude is better!
No comments:
Post a Comment