Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Will Always Come

Sunday was really good! It was great to hear the testimonies of the branch members. The church is true everywhere you go! Sarahy and Chelsea bore their testimonies in Romanian. They did a great job. I think I'm going to make it a goal to bear my testimony in Romanian before I leave. Since it was Chelsea's last sunday we took a lot of pictures at church. Here is a couple!

Litia, Sarahy, and Chelsea


Mihai and Elder Slemboski


The Relief Society


Mihai, Chelsea, Monica, Me, Katelyn, Florentina, and Aurelia (she is on the ground holding the dog)


Aurelia and the Soras


Us and the missionaries. They really are so great!
Sora Moulton, Sora MacDonald, Elder Slemboski, and Elder Whitehead



Chelsea posted this quote from Gordon B. Hinckley on facebook. I loved it! "We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith."

I also really like this one by Gordon B. Hinckley too. I have this one on my computer screen. I read it whenever things seem tough and I need some motivation. This quote always seems to help me. "It is so easy to get discourage while you're here. It seems so natural a thing to drop out or to give in. The way seems so long, the road so steep... My dear young friends, never lose faith in yourselves or in your capacity to do worthwhile things. And call upon the Lord for help that your minds may be enlightened and your understanding quickened. Then go to work with that assurance inside of you that somehow you can do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment