Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Relationships

"Fixing and helping create a distance between people, but we cannot serve at a distance. We can only serve that to which we are profoundly connected."

For a long time in the orphanage today it was just me, Denisa, and Mirela.  We played so much from acting like animals and roaring at each other to just laying there. Mirela and me had our heads on the mattress and Denisa was laying on me. It was so peaceful to be laying there with these 2 kids. I love them both so much! I also had some one on one time with Mirela. Oh how I have came to love that girl! Sometimes she will come up to me and say "tickle tickle tickle" and start tickling me. It's oh so cute.

Mirela


Also at the orphanage Teo and me were dancing and copying each other. She would do something and then I would do the same thing. She thought it was so funny. She had a blast doing something and then watching me do the same thing. We had some pretty crazy dance moves going on!

Mihai is one of the higher up people at the orphanage. I forget what he does, I think he might be the speech therapist but I'm not sure. He came into my room today and talked to me for a good half hour or so. He is wonderful and speaks good english! He comes into my room almost every day but until today I never really talked to him. Teo sat in my lap the whole time Mihai talked to me. He told me the importance of one on one time with the kids in orphanage. He said relationships form during that time. He also said that this is affecting the kids' future so much. It was really nice to hear that from him. To know that the days I spend in this orphanage are helping the kids' future! It was great to talk to Mihai and hear his opinion about everything. He is very sweet and gentle with the kids. He understands them well and the kids all love him.

Sometimes when we go to the hospital the nurses will let us go into ICU. Today they did! They were seven small kids in there. Most of them were babies. We saw Andreea in there. She was doing worse and did not look so good. There were a couple other children we have seen before that looked worse today. That was hard seeing some of the children get worse. We didn't get to spend time with that many children today because most of the children were sleeping when we went to see them.

"Serving requires us to know that our humanity is more powerful than our expertise."

No comments:

Post a Comment