When the professor comes to visit they take the interns on a day trip. Dr. Nelson and Mario took us to a salt mine first. After that we went to a painted monastery and then an egg museum. We rented a van to get around. We traveled about 3 hours outside of Iasi.
Mina Cacica
We toured a salt mine! Look at all the salt. There was so much! Shadow would have loved it. There was also a ton of stairs. We went far down- 600 meters. It seemed far because of all the stairs! Katelyn counted 192 steps from the Orthodox chapel and up! Going down wasn't bad but going up was a work out. We didn't even count all the steps before the Orthodox chapel. I'm guessing I went down and climbed over 500 steps.
The Catholic chapel. This was the first place we saw.
The Orthodox chapel. On the way back up this is where Katelyn started counting.
Dr. Nelson and his son Josh.
Jesus Christ and Mary
This is at the bottom. The farthest we went down. A little pond with a crystal fountain in the middle. There was a place to play soccer and basketball. I guess on the workers break they had some fun!
Dance floor! I think they ate here too.
Water with crystals on the outside!
Beautiful view












You're seeing so many AMAZING places!!!!! I love to see the picture and read all about your adventures!!!!
ReplyDelete