Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spring Is Near

Today was a beautiful day! The sun was shinning all day and the weather was great. I hope this is a start to spring! I would love for the weather to start warming up. When the sun is out it makes a huge difference.

Today at the orphanage I was operated on! haha Marion, who isn't new to my room but normally is at school all morning, pretend shot me and then he brought me back to life, with the help of Teo and the worker Cami. Marion can be a little stinker. He would grab my hand sanitizer from my pocket and squeeze it all over his hands. He was a little crazy today. He knows a lot of romanian and speaks so fast! He did teach me couple new words today! fugă (run, hurry, go), deceda (die), sabie (sword), I'm sure there is more but that is all I can think of. He would say "Cami, cum se spune" (how do you say) and then whatever word in Romanian he was trying to get me to understand. Then she would try to act out the word or try to get me to understand. He wanted me to play his way! He made sure I was doing what he wanted me to do. He had so much energy and just wanted to play, play, play "juca!" Marion has a bike that is like a go kart. It's lower to the ground and looks like a go kart but has pedals. He was riding the go kart and telling me and Teo when to go "merge" and stop "stop!" He was the poliția (police). He even made the noise of the siren too. I was pushing Teo in the "machina" (car/ dump truck). It is a toy dump truck that is big enough for the kids to sit in. I had a tiring but great morning at the orphanage!


At the hospital they didn't let us go into the ICU. I heard good news. Gheorghe is going home with his mom tomorrow! Also Katelyn's boy left with his family this morning! I also found out that Lori's real name is Eliana Elena. Mihaela also told me that her mom was there this morning. It made me happy to know her mom had visited her! There are 2 brothers on the fourth floor who are older 5 and 7. Today we brought the iPad with us to the hospital and they loved playing on it! We actually let all the kids take turns playing on it. There is a game where you pop a certain number of balloons. We would let one of them pop the balloons and then when they finished their turn we would pass on the iPad. The kids were actually really good with sharing and taking turns. Eliana liked the iPad too. When we first saw Eliana she was crying and was in a room all by herself. I think she was crying because she was lonely. It was really sad to see her like that. When we went to go she got sad again and kept saying "acolo" (there). She wanted to go next door but we weren't sure if she could. We ended up asking the Lady next door if Eliana could come over and she said yes. After we brought Eliana next door she was so happy! That is all she wanted.

After the hospital, Andreea took us to go visit Aurelia in a different hospital. She is having surgery on her mouth tomorrow. After her surgery on her mouth then she can get braces. Her mouth is too small for all her teeth. Some of her teeth are behind her teeth. She has an expander right now. I am happy for her that she is getting this surgery. A smile can change so much! She is going to have a beautiful smile!

Then after visiting Aurelia, Andreea and the three of us went to Illius mall. We ate some ice cream and had McDonalds and looked inside a bookstore for awhile. Did you know that Las Vegas is the fastest growing city in the US? Or that the eiffel tower was first offered to be built in Barcelona, Spain but the people didn't want it? I learned but of these random facts in a book, 501 Must Visit Cities and 501 Must Visit Natural Wonders. The books were very interesting! I only looked at a couple but I did remember these two interesting facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment