At Church today I met a new member. Her name is Claudia. She is very nice and speaks excellent English. She translated Sacrament meeting and some of Sunday School. She has been away on vacation for the holidays and also was taking care of her grandma for awhile too. That is why I haven't seen her until today. She is very sweet and I hope to get to know her better! Church was good. Katelyn gave a talk on agency. She did an excellent job. The lesson in Sunday School was on the atonement. And Relief Society I can't seem to remember, whoops. How bad is that. I guess sometimes when I can't understand that much of it my mind wanders a bit. I should try to pay better attention to the words the translator is speaking.
After church I took a nap. Naps on sunday are the best. I must of been really tried because I slept for a long time. Sarahy, Katelyn and me seem to always have group talks on sunday. We end up talking about everything going on. How we feel, what we are worried about, how we are doing emotionally, what we like, what we are excited about, just everything. We confide in each other. It is a time where we share and lean on each other for support. I know my experience is going to be different then everyone else's, but I have realized that Sarahy, Katelyn and me are all normally feeling similar things. It helps me and I think them too when we talk about. The three of us have been able to do so much. More than I thought. I devote my whole day to this cause. The desire to serve these kids is what is keeping me going. The love I have for each of those children is allowing me to put my whole heart into this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment