Friday, February 15, 2013

It is a Lazy Kind of Day, but with Pizza!

Lets just say I had a very lazy afternoon and night. My afternoon consisted of watching tv. Not the best way to spend an afternoon, I know, but it felt so good to relax! It was so nice to sit down and just do nothing for awhile. Very relaxing and just what I needed. This morning I went to the orphanage. The day was good. It seemed kind of long but it was good. Toward the end of the morning I started building with blocks with Teo, Denisa, and Mirela. I would build the blocks up high and Teo would knock it over. She thought it was so funny and loved knocking the tower over. Oh and I also learned that I can't put the little babies on a mattress on the ground. If they are around 2 or older then it is okay for them to be on the mattress which is on the ground. The workers don't really like them being on the actual ground though. Today Florin was crying in the crib out in the room. I didn't want to hold him the whole time so I pulled a mattress out and put him on the mattress. When the worker Christina came back into the room, she freaked out. She said something about not putting him that close to the ground, that he will get sick and that the doctor won't like it. It was the weirdest thing ever. I do not understand why they don't like the kids to be on the ground or why Florin, who is about 9 or 10 months old, can't be on the mattress. She told me Florin and Mihai can't go on the mattress on the floor only in the crib. I felt really bad that I put him on the mattress but I didn't know he couldn't until today. I think it is really weird but I guess they don't. 




That evening Sarahy suggested calling pizza hut and having them deliver pizza to our apartment. We were all too scared to call so we asked Andreea if she would call and order the pizza for us and give them our address. Well when she called, they told her they can't deliver to us. Something about us being out of their boundaries, which is so strange because we are so close to 2 Pizza Huts. Anyways Andreea insisted on going there and picking us up pizza. None of us wanted her to go get pizza for us when we were perfectly capable of going and getting some, but Andreea was very insistent and we finally gave in. The pizza she brought was very good, some pepperoni and a meats pizza. She is one of the sweetest people I know. She is always doing stuff for us. She gives us rides home. She does our dishes when she is over. She is just a very giving person. I never see her thinking about herself. She also brought over the best chocolate ever! The chocolate was heavenly. The chocolate is called Merci.


Aurelia came over with Andreea and we ended up playing a card game. It is like war but with a little twist. It is a fun game. I had a good night!


And I also received a letter from Tiffany! It made me so happy to see an email from my dad with the letter from Sister Bradford attached! Hearing from her made my whole day. I miss her so much. I'm glad I can write to her while she is on her mission.

1 comment:

  1. The chocolate sounds super yummy! I guess they do things way different with their little ones. Sorry! But you didn't know! Hugs! I'm you got to relax. You have to take of yourself so you can serve all the sweet children Monday thru Friday!

    ReplyDelete