"Immerse Yourself in the Scriptures. You will find spirit and strength there. You will find solutions and counsel. Pray Earnestly. Serve Others. Be Patient. Have Faith."
"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike -and they will- you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's see.
I close with this promise from heaven. Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you; And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along [D&C 78:17-18]."
I don't need to get discouraged while I'm here. This talk gives me so much comfort and peace. I have help and I always will. Today at the hospital I held possible the smallest baby I have ever seen today. While I was holding this baby, my thoughts went to God. I couldn't help but think that this baby just came from heaven. Looking at this baby I saw the innocence of a child. The baby was so peaceful and perfect. I also held Andreea today. I could tell she was in so much pain and it just broke my heart. I wish there was something I could do for her. It was so sad to see her in pain. It was one of the few times I have seen some one up close in pain. She would make faces that really showed the pain she was in. It broke my heart. Also all the kids in the hospital today seemed sad. They all seemed down, like something was the matter.
I had an experience today with Eliana which was quite funny. Sarahy had left to go be with another baby so it was just me and her. Eliana was laying on my shoulder but sat up when Sarahy left. She started pointing to a bag that had food in it. I didn't want to give her any because I didn't know whose it was. Well she was kind of whining and really wanted it. So there was a smaller bag inside the big bag and it had only one thing inside. It was a candy bar. I pointed to the bag and she smiled her big smile and said, "da." I gave her the bag thinking its not bad, she doesn't even know how to open it. Little did I know that she did. Within a couple seconds she had the candy open and was eating it. She loved the candy bar. She was taking the biggest bites ever. Inside I was hoping that no nurse would come in. I didn't want them to get mad at me for letting her eat chocolate. She was chewing her last bite when I started wiping her hands and a nurse came in. I think the nurse could tell she was eating candy and moved the bag into a drawer so Eliana couldn't see. After she did that, she gave me Eliana's food. Eliana wanted it at first but after taking that first bite, she changed her mind. I don't think it was nearly as good as the chocolate. Her face was priceless. She did not like the food. She had her mouth open with the bite inside and was about to spit it out. I tried to get her to swallow but she pulled the bowl close to her and spit it out inside the bowl. The whole thing was funny. It made me want to start laughing. After that first bite she wouldn't take another. I don't blame her. The food did not look very appetizing. So after one bite of dinner, Eliana wanted "muzica." So we went and found Sarahy and danced for awhile. When it was time to go I went and put her back in her crib. Right before I told her "pa," I saw the teenage girl in her room about to give Eliana some more chocolate. I guess I'm not the only one who lets Eliana eat chocolate. I hope the nurse didn't see her eating more chocolate. Eliana was spoiled today!
Today at the orphanage future foster families came in and toured the orphanage. Teo told me they are preparing these families to become foster families. The parents came into all the rooms to see all the children. It was very exciting to see that many parents going to become foster parents! Hopefully some of the children will go into foster homes!

No comments:
Post a Comment