Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Muzeul Oului

The Egg Museum in Vama- Bucovina


The painted eggs are incredible! They are beautiful. The amount of detail on the eggs was just straight up amazing. Seeing all of the painted eggs makes me want to start collecting eggs! The big eggs take a month to paint! Painting them must take great patience. And most of them are actual egg shells so they are very fragile. The lady had a variation of eggs. The smallest one she had was from a gecko! It was so small, around the size of a nickel! 



She had so many cabinets full of eggs from all around the world!


This is the wonderful lady who told us all about the eggs! She has 2 daughters that also help her. It took them 15 years to gather all the eggs they have. Her and her daughters made the eggs on the table.


"You're a wizard Harry" 
I thought this picture was funny because at the end of her stick there is light. It's like she is a wizard!


After the egg museum we headed home. Mario, Dr. Nelson and his son Josh came over for dinner and stayed at our apartment until they left for there train. They are heading to Ukraine next! What a lucky boy to be traveling at age 11. Before Dr. Nelson left, he offered to give us all blessings. He ended up giving me a blessing and I am grateful he could give me one.

He blessed me with comfort and reassurance. That I would come to understand how service brings forth love. Also that I'm a great example to the people I work with and my friends. Blessed me to feel Heavenly Fathers love for me and that I would be guided with the spirit in all that I do.

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING EGGS!!! I'm so glad you got a blessing!!! I was going to ask you if someone could give you one!!!! I still am AMAZED about the beauty of the eggs!!!!

    ReplyDelete