Saturday, February 23, 2013

What a Wonderful Day!

This morning I went and played soccer with Aurelia and her friend. She took us to a place where they play and there were gypsie boys already playing. We ended up playing against the boys. Most of the boys seemed young but I don't really know. People here look a lot younger then they actually are. It was a lot of fun. We only played half of the field because there was snow on the other half. You know how in basketball when you play half court, you have to bring the ball back up to half before you can shoot? Well when we played soccer they didn't do that. If the boys had the ball and were about to shoot and then we got the ball we could shoot at the goal right then and there. So that was different. After we were done playing football, we all showered at Aurelia's. We got to see her apartment. It reminded me of dorms. There are 5 girls in one room. They have a small fridge, a table, 2 bunk beds and 1 twin bed. There is also 2 closets. It is like dorms in the way that all the rooms in a hall way share a bathroom and kitchen. After we showered and cleaned up we left for Andreea's house.

We went to Andreea's house and her mom, Maria, taught us how to make Romanian food. Maria, Andreea's sweet mom is the one in the picture. This is when we started making prăjitură cu mere (cake with apple). It was a neat experience learning and watching her cook Romanian food. One thing I noticed is they don't really measure. She would just put in as much as she thought was needed and then try it as she went a long. This was very nice of the Stoica family!







Pouring the cake batter in! Then we layered it with apples. She used wax paper on the bottom of the baking sheet so it wouldn't stick. How smart!


Aurelia and me! I really like this girl! She is so fun and I'm glad I have gotten to know her.


You will never guess what this is? 


Pui inimă şi pipotă. Yes I ate chicken hearts and gizzards. Lets just say it was interesting. The texture was weird, it was very chewy. If I thought about what I was eating, it was hard to eat the hearts and gizzards.


The vegetables cooking above. Below the finish product! Salată de boeuf (a type of salad. It has a ton of vegetables, chicken and homemade maioneză "mayonnaise"). The salad is a lot like potato salad.


All the food done and ready to eat. The yellow food in the middle is mămăligă. It is cornmeal and water. They eat it like mash potatoes. It is a side that goes with a lot of Romanian food here. They eat the mămăligă with brânză (sheep cheese). 


prăjitură cu mere! It was delicious. I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you ate that! But it sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete